Best Convection Toaster Oven Reviews 2018
Today's convection toaster ovens aren't like what your mother had sitting on the counter you occasionaly used. The speed, power and technology has changed drastically and we will go through these more in depth to help you select the perfect convection oven for you.
Today's ovens can easily do anything your full size oven can. Think about the hot summer days when the last thing you want to do is to heat the house up even more. These toaster ovens will put off less heat and if you don't currently have a full size convection oven will cook faster as well.
I've been selling appliances full time for more than a decade. Below you will discover features, tips and unbiased reviews on the latest convection toaster ovens available.
Breville Smart Oven
Best Selling Convection Toaster Oven
- Element IQ Technology
- Auto Eject Rack
- No Interior Light
This is by far the leader in the convection toaster oven category. The Brivelle smart oven uses quartz IQ elements do a fantastic job and keeping a nice consistent even heat inside the oven cavity. Users claim ease of cleaning with the non stick interior and very easy knob control.
- A:Easy-clean, stainless steel housing with ribbed plate warming tray
- B:Non-Stick Interior with 3 rack positions
- C: 13” pizza, 6-slice toast capacity
- D: Tempered glass door
- E: Magnetic auto-eject rack
- F: 5 quartz elements with Element IQ for smart cooking
- G: Back-lit easy-read LCD that calculates the correct the time and temperature, illuminating orange during preheating and cooking and blue once the cycle is complete
- H: Function dial with 9 pre-set cooking functions: bake, broil, roast, cookies, reheat, pizza, bagel, toast, warm
- I: Temperature and time dial with auto shut-off and sound alert
- J: Easily removable pull-out crumb tray
Best Performing Convection Toaster Oven
- Durability & Quality Throughout
- Temperature Probe
- 5 Year Warranty with 24hr Customer Service
- Built to Last
- No Interior Light
From the home luxury appliance brand Wolf, this was introduced to the market in late 2015 and has been taking a large amount of the convection oven market.
- Proof, Warm, Roast, Bake, Broil and Toast
- Advanced perimeter convection features a powerful fan with high-volume airflow vents to circulate air for up to 25-percent faster roasting and baking without hot spots
- Integrated temperature probe makes it easy to achieve moist, tender results when roasting, all without opening the oven door
- Precision temperature control is calibrated for the optimal cooking performance in each cooking mode
- Five heating elements and advanced electronics deliver smooth, even heating for complete cooking confidence when baking, broiling, roasting and more
- Easy-glide rack slides smoothly in and out to allow access to your food, while three rack positions offer increased flexibility
- Generously sized cooking chamber fits quarter-sheet pans and most 9" x 13" dishes
- Nonstick interior keeps drips and splatters from sticking and wipes clean with a damp cloth
- Spring-loaded door for gentle opening and closing
- Removable drip and crumb tray for easy cleaning
Top 10 Best Convection Toaster Oven Reviews 2018
18.5" x 16.25" x 11.25"
22.5" x 12.75" x 16.75"
22.5" x 18.5" x 13"
15" x 11.2" x 19.3"
18" x 14" x 15"
18.3” x 15.3” x 9.3”
24" x 21.5" x 16.7"
23.3" x 18.1" x 15.5"
14.5" x 17" x 10.8"
14" x 19.4" x 10.4"
Other Recommended Convection Toaster Ovens
This is a close comparison the Breville BOV800XL as many users go back and forth trying to choose between these two models. This unit will have a slightly larger interior, interior light and a three year warranty compared to Breville 1 year.
- Multitude of Cooking Options, including Dual Cook and +30 Seconds
- Dual Cook function: Run two cooking functions at two different temperature levels consecutively. Ideal for dishes that benefit from top browning, tougher cuts of meats, or slow cooking items for up to 4 hours on two cooking settings.
- The +30 Option allows you to add 30 seconds to any function during cooking or toasting
- Interior features include oven light and non stick interior
- 4 Interior rack positions with the ability to use two racks to bake at once
Calphalon has a huge following and for good reason. This oven will preform without a problem and is slightly larger than other ovens in it's comparison size. The pan the unit ships with is problematic to some people as it bends while cooking. Most users didn't make this a deal breaker but a good point to take note of.
- Custom time and temperature settings for bagels, pizza and cookies
- Opti-Heat System features internal sensors that monitor temperature to ensure precise results and a convection fan to promote crisp, even browning and uniformly cooked food.
Kitchen-Aid has the name and reputation of good quality product for the money. This oven won't disappoint. Users report a nice broiler rack position for faster broiling times and better results.
- 9 cooking programs. Bake, Pizza, Asado Roast, Toast, Broil, Cookie, Bagel, Keep Warm and Reheat.
- Asado Roast Function to precisely adjust from high sear to optimal cooking temperature for superior roasting.
- Offers enough room to cook 2-12" pizzas.
- The oven cavity also features a non-stick coating for easy cleaning.
- Includes 12" non-stick multipurpose pan, 12" broiling rack, cooling rack, non-stick drip tray.
Yes, another Cuisinart in the list! This is the TOB260's little brother with smaller capacity, less featured and without the exact heat sensor. Depending on what you plan on making this oven may be the perfect option if the other features of the TOB260 doesn't appeal to you vs. the cost difference.
- 3 position oven rack
- Easy-clean nonstick interior
- 9 function...Toast, Bagel, Warm, Bake, Broil, Convection Bake & Broil, Re-heat and Defrost.
- Ships with Oven Rack, Baking/Drip Pan, Broil Rack, Crumb Tray, Recipe Booklet
For the money this Oster packs a punch with performance and features. The extra large size of the unit will allow for almost anything to fit with ease. From a design aspect it's not the prettiest thing to see sitting on your counter but for the price you really can't complain.
- 5 function... Bake, Broil, Toast, Pizza and Defrost
- Extra-Large capacity that can fit a 16" Pizza, whole chicken, casseroles, roasts, hams and more
- Unit ships with 2 oven racks, durable bake pan and broil rack
Overall bang for the buck this unit has it. The price of this oven for what you get is what makes this the best budget friendly model available. Some users have reported problems with heating times and units being defective out of box, besides that when everything ships okay allot of users report good performance.
- Large capacity will fit two 12" pizzas
- Includes two oven racks, large enamel coated baking pan, small baking pan and broil rack
- Four function...Bake, Convection, Rotisserie and Broil
Good basic oven here with 6 functions. Good capacity at a good price. Users have reported flaws with the crumb tray and excessive amount of loud beeps throughout and after cooking period.
- 6 functions...Toast, Bagel, Convection Bake, Bake, Pizza and Broil
- 3 rack position
- Ships with oven rack and baking pan
Nothing fancy here but rated better than the rest in the lower price range. Max temperature on this unit is 390 degrees Fahrenheit which can be a real drawback. Users have complained about the racking is very unbalanced when sliding rack in and out. Controls are all knob controlled and will use all three knobs to get oven started.
- 6 functions... Convection Bake, Bake, Warm, Broil, Toast and Slow Bake
- Does ship with Rotisserie but many complaints on setting up to begin cooking with it
- Perfect oven for somebody who hates complicated controls or single student
When you using convection you're getting a more even and consistent heat through out the oven cavity. With your traditional toaster oven the heat is coming from either the bottom or top baking element that can cause cool spots or uneven cooking.
The convection toaster ovens will add a fan and typically a third element surrounding the fan to circulate the oven inside the cavity. This helps to eliminate any cool spots and create a more even heat inside the oven. Because of this more even and aggressive heat, the cooking time is usually reduced as well.
What do you plan to cook?
If you are using this oven mainly to do toast it may be excessive to splurge on a toaster oven when all you really need is a toaster. If you plan on using this more to bake in, broil or as a second convection oven, these are for you. Most units will also have a warming feature to use on those rare occasions, and defrost modes.
What capacity toaster oven do you need?
This does vary from machine to machine so you'll want to pay attention to the oven capacity for your cooking needs. Most will let you know how many pieces of toast or what size pizza it can accommodate. For the more featured units these will also have the capacity to hold a small to medium size chicken or roast as well.
Do you have the counter space to accommodate a Convection Toaster oven?
This can be an important point, so make sure you have the space to fit the oven you select. Most of these units do need some extra room for ventilation as well, so you'll want to check the manual of the units online or at the manufacturers website to make sure the specifications work in your space. Take a tape measure to your space and make sure you'll be happy with the size of the unit on the counter.
TIP! Before purchasing your new convection oven measure out pieces of cardboard and tape together. Then place on your counter so you can easily imagine the size of it in your kitchen.
Deciding what type of toaster oven to purchase?
Standard Toaster Oven
Standard ovens are what most people are accustomed to, as these have been around the longest. These are great for just doing toasting of breads, bagels and warming of foods. The elements kick on and off to try to keep a consistent temperature inside the oven cavity. These ovens are hard to bake or roast in with a good consistent turn out each time.
Convection Toaster Oven
These type of ovens are a standard oven on steroids. The convection ovens add a fan in rear of the oven cavity to circulate the air around for a more even heat. This leads to faster bake times and extra browning and crisping. Most of these ovens can do what your full size oven can do and can be often used as a second oven for events. Convection toaster ovens can handle a medium size chicken, small turkey or prime rib with ease and great results each and every time.
Infrared Toaster Oven
Infrared ovens excel in browning and crisping. These will often have some type of convection as well while using infrared waves to cook the food from the inside out, thus cooking the food quickly.
These ovens are more of a luxury type oven to have around for just cooking rotisserie. These are great for any kind of meats from chicken to prime rib and can have a very large capacity for larger poultry like a turkey.
Convection Oven Features to Look For
Wattage in a convection toaster oven strictly means how efficient the unit can be at full power. Unlike a microwave where the wattage is meant to describe the power that is thrown in the oven cavity to cook your food.
Non-stick Interior and/or Racks
This for the most part is all about ease of cleaning. The non stick interior will make clean up a breeze without any burnt on food stuck to the sides, top or bottom of the oven. This is a must have for the rotisserie type ovens as they cause a large mess with drippings and splatters.
Here is a personal choice to decide what control type would suit you best. Some ovens with have a standard straight forward knob control while others will add digital elements for added flexibility and user control. I personally prefer the more digital controls as the technology with computer boards have changed drastically and why not have more control over the oven.
Bottom Line... select and oven with controls you feel comfortable with. There is nothing worse than getting your oven and being afraid to use it!
Other Additional Features and Accessories
- Some other features to consider would be a front access crumb tray to easily remove and burnt pieces, crumbs etc... from the bottom of the oven.
- Automatic shut off and/or timers
- accessories available or ship with the oven such as a broiler pan
- Check out some of the best toaster oven accessories available today.
With the top ten convection ovens reviewed you need to be comfortable with controlling the unit and deciding what you will mainly use the oven for. This list contains an oven for every budget. If you have any questions please feel free to comment below and keep your eye out for more unbiased reviews for other small appliance products.